Thursday, May 26, 2011

Going on Maternity Leave!

So, my due date for kid #2 is one week from today.  That means I might not have a blog next week.  I’ll miss you all and I hope you’ll miss hearing from me for the next week or two, though this little girl seems comfy and not interested in moving out!  Of course I’m concerned about what’s going to happen to my studio and my students while I’m out.  I don’t want to “lose” anyone literally or figuratively while I’m out, so I’ll be relying heavily on my website to keep us moving forward (prepare for shameless plug!)
For the entire month of June, LessonSpark.com will be my only contact with most of my students.  I’m going to be relying heavily on the practice diary and repertoire tools to keep everyone on track.  A new baby has no schedule, so I may be checking in on student updates in the middle of the night, but at least I can give some guidance and identify if there are problems without the kids having to wait a month for feedback.  I just don’t want anyone to lose momentum or motivation for lack of lessons for a month, but I’ll really need the time off!
Anyway, music friends (or just friends in general), if you haven’t at least checked it out, please do.  Let me know your feedback!  Tell your other friends, and encourage them to join too!

No comments:

Post a Comment